|PREHOSPITAL TRAUMA CARE. BOOK|
Comprehensive in scope and content, Prehospital Trauma Care (PTC) covers all aspects of emergency medicine-triage assessment and treatment, anesthesia, intensive care, psychiatry, health and military disasters, burns, shock, and surgery. Written by over 70 distinguished international experts representing Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Iceland, Israel, Italy, Japan, The Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovenia, Sweden, Switzerland, the UK, and the USA. Considering geographic and cultural perspectives in trauma care, Prehospital Trauma Care explores:
* demographics and mechanisms of injury in PTC
* organization of PTC in developed countries worldwide
* the hierarchy of the prehospital trauma team and crew-resource management
* features of initial patient care from advanced airway management to state-of-the-art fluid resuscitation and prevention of hypothermia, including provision of adequate analgesia
* specialized approaches to blunt and penetrating trauma
* treating special groups such as the traumatized child and the entrapped patient, as well as specific situations, including chemical injuries and hypothermia
* transport and extraordinary challenges such as rural areas, mass attendance events, terrorism, and VIP protection
* and much more.
Promoting an efficient trauma chain of survival and a secure continuum of care, Prehospital Trauma Care is essential reading for emergency medicine and critical care physicians, anesthesiologists, surgeons, pediatricians, sports medicine specialists, air and ground transport nurses, paramedics, emergency medical technicians, and all related medical specialists with an interest in trauma care.
Book 827 pages